Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hello

So I've done it. I've taken the plunge, hopped off the diving board, rushed headlong into the headlights and whatever you may call it. I have finally started a travel blog. I just hope I can keep it going.

What this blog is about: Long-ish, largely unedited posts and comments about places I have visited - impressions of the people and culture and the city in general. Posts can get long - but I hope my (what I believe is) quirky literary style will be engaging enough for you.

What this blog won't really be about: Telling you places to visit, giving you tour tips, restaurant ideas etc. While I much appreciate those blogs, my mode of travel is more about wandering around the city without much of a set purpose in mind and just a very basic map and idea of some places I want to visit and specialties I want to try. I wouldn't give up this approach for the world. So I guess this blog is more of a personal travel journal of sorts. Having said that, I hope ya'll like it!

P.S.: 10 points (in my general scoring system for evaluating you) if you can guess where the blog title comes from.

4 comments:

  1. " We're after the same rainbow's end--
    waiting 'round the bend,
    my huckleberry friend " :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber was ahead of me, damn! But what the hell...
    Moonriver, wider than a mile; I'm crossing you in style....

    ReplyDelete
  3. "my mode of travel is more about wandering around the city without much of a set purpose in mind and just a very basic map and idea of some places I want to visit and specialties I want to try"- Really? Are you even the Divyasuresh I know? What happened to ticking places? Or are you finally over that one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ashi: Oh that went away quite a while back. I can't really pinpoint when! Now I try to avoid the hop on hop off buses. You and I need to travel together again.

    ReplyDelete